mercoledì 16 maggio 2012

I love cooking - A little recipe of my land


Tuscan Cantuccini

They are almond biscuits, the most typical dessert of traditional Tuscan cuisine
especially coupled with Vin Santo.


Today I cooked these cookies .. I love to cookand I want to share with you this recipe.. As I write this postthe scent fills the kitchen and the memories flood the mind ..
"But at the same instant when the liquid in which they mixed the crumbs of the cakecaught my palate, I was startledattracted by something extraordinary was happening inside meA delicious pleasure had invaded medetached from any notion of his causeSuddenly he had become indifferent to the vicissitudes of life, harmless its disastersits brevity illusoryacting in the same way of lovefilling me with a precious essenceor ratherthat essence was not in meI was THAT 'essence. I had ceased now to feel mediocre, contingent, mortalFrom where he could reach me a joy so powerfulI felt it was linked to the flavor of tea and cake, but surpassed him infinitelyshould not share hisnature. Where was he fromI drink a second mouthful, in which I find nothing more than the firsta third that gives me a little 'less than the secondIt 's time to stop methe virtueof the filter appears to decreaseIt's clear that the truth I seek is not there, but in me.Proust
A wonderful recipe, fragrant worth trying ..

INGREDIENTS

300g of flour
200g of sugar
2 eggs and 1 yolk
1 teaspoon baking powder
200g almonds with skins
a little of grated peel of orange and lemon
1 tablespoon of brandy or rum
1 pinch of salt


Toast the almonds in the oven at 160 ° for 5 minutes.
(Check visually to prevent burning).
Remove from the oven and chop the almonds.

Whisk the eggs and egg yolk with sugar.
Add a pinch of grated lemon peel and orange and a tablespoon of brandy.
Add a pinch of salt.
Add the toasted almonds.
Add 200g of sifted flour and a teaspoon of baking powder.
Knead the doughIt will be very moist and sticky.

At this pointdivide the dough in 3 parts and with the remaining flour
try to form 3 loaves and place them on how they pan with baking paper.


Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutesuntil the surface is lightly browned.
Remove from oven and let them cool a bitotherwise you not will be able to cut them.
Cut the dough balls slightly askew trying to obtain a thickness of about 2cm.


Put them on the baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and turn them on the other side and bake again for another 5 minutes.

And here they areready to be enjoyed with a wonderful Vin Santo.



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...